Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Experiences with Making Money Online: AdBux

I recently came across a pay-to-click program called AdBux. What you need to do is to click on a link and you will earn 1 cent per click. This was great for me because in a few days I would have made a dollar which is a lot considering my failures with AdSense.
The way you really make money is to get others to join. You get people to click on a referral link and sign up. Each time someone you refer clicks on a link, you earn 1 cent too.

I have been using it for a few months now, and I was very careful, making sure my antivirus and firewall was working before clicking on the links. So far the links don’t lead to anything harmful.
However two things set off the alarm bells in my head (regular readers will know that it sounds like the alarm on the deck of the Starship Enterprise).
First of all is the option to upgrade to a premium account. Basically this means paying a certain fee ($29/year or $99 for life) to get a better rate of 1.5 cents per click.
Second is the option to purchase referrals, which means paying to get those members who have signed up without a referrer sponsored under you. This means you get to earn their revenue. The site claims that someone has earned thousands of dollars by reinvesting his earnings to purchase referrals.
What I did was to Google AdBux and there were opinions on both sides supporting and going against AdBux’s claims of legitimacy.
There’s a Proof of Payments page at the AdBux website for your perusal.
So what do you think? Is it a scam?
If you want to try it out please use my referral link, but I warn you against investing any money in this site until it proves itself.
Again I want to warn you to be careful about AdBux. You can try it out at your own risk but don’t be greedy!
Update: After a few months using AdBux, I haven’t reached the minimum payout amount. I’m not even half way there. That’s how slow it can be earning money from this if you’ve not upgraded or purchased referrals.
http://adbux.org/?r=ygh1980

No comments: